Orchy Bank House
Where we are and how to find us.
Orchy Bank House is on the B8077 Stronmilchan road, just off the A85 Oban – Tyndrum main road. This is a quiet little B road, that once was the Old Military Road through to Oban and the coast. Dalmally is on the rail line that runs from Oban to Crianlarich then either up to Fort William and beyond, or down to Glasgow. This particular rail route is classed as one of the most beautiful train lines in Europe. Dalmally is 12 miles west of Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park and due east of Ben Cruachan, the local Munro; at 1126 metres one of the highest mountains in the southern highlands.
- From Glasgow take the A82, direction Fort William via Crianlarich to Tyndrum (62 miles)
- At Tyndrum take the A85 direction Oban road to Dalmally (11 miles)
- In Dalmally turn right on to the B8077 Stronmilichan, opposite the Muthu Hotel
- Go past the Glenorchy Parish Church on your left and over the small stone Dalmally Bridge, we are the first property on the LHS
- Alternative route from Glasgow via Tarbet & Inveraray A83 Then north on the A819 upto the A85
NB: If using SAT NAV be aware that the post code PA33 1AS will be further along the B8077 than where we actually are.
- From Glasgow, Scotrail run services from Queen Street Station to Oban. Dalmally is 2hrs 20mins approx.
- Scot Rail
- The Train Line
- Citylink run regular bus services from Glasgow to Oban, stopping in Dalmally at the train station.